Metal Roofing vs. Asphalt Roofing
When it comes to roofing materials, you have to pick what is right for you, your home, and your budget. What follows is a quick look at the benefits of metal and asphalt roofing in Houston.
This product is becoming more popular among homeowners. It offers a lot of advantages:
- Easy Installation: When you work with professionals, this option is easy to install. In certain circumstances, it can even be installed over your existing roof.
- Low Maintenance: Metal roofing is chip-, fade-, crack- and curl-resistant. It requires less roof repair yet retains its good looks.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: This product can come in a variety of colors and textures, so you can pick something that will go well with the rest of your home.
- Durable: This material is tough, which is perfect for Texas weather. It can stand up to high winds, precipitation, and sun. It’s practically invulnerable to penetration and very resistant to insects, rot, and rust. This durability makes it a little heavier than other choices.
- Energy Efficient: Metal roofs reflect the sun making them an energy-efficient choice.
This shingle is very popular. Asphalt roofing in Houston is advantageous for a lot of reasons as well:
- Easy Installation: Asphalt shingles are flexible, which means they can be adapted to fit any roof. However, it will require your old roof materials to be taken off.
- Low Maintenance: This option requires more maintenance than a metal roof, but it can still be kept looking nice fairly easily.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Asphalt shingles also come in a variety of colors and textures, so you can make sure they complement your exterior design.
- Durable: Compared to other roofing materials, asphalt shingles are relatively durable. They are also fairly lightweight, which means your home won’t be put under any added stress.
- Affordable: Finally, this option is often the lowest cost roofing choice for your home.
Talk to Experts
Make sure to talk to a roofing company in Houston, TX, today about your roof-related needs.