Prepare Your Roof for Tropical Storms
The tropical storm season in the Houston area starts on the first of June and ends around the end of November. If you want your roof to withstand these potentially high winds, you need to get it ready now. To prepare your roof for tropical storms or hurricanes, you need to work with a roofing company in Houston, TX, to:
- Get an Inspection: An inspection by a professional will bring to light issues your roof has. This type of assessment should look at the state of your shingles, the reason for rust spots, cracks around piping, popped up nails, and granules in your gutters.
- Add Reinforcements: It is essential your roof stay strapped down during a storm. Tie-downs and other reinforcements can increase the chances of this happening. However, you may not need this type of reinforcement as a part of your tropical storm preparation in Houston. It all depends on your roof.
- Repair Existing Problems: To spare your roof from damage during high wind storms, you should repair current issues. This could include fixing shingles, trimming trees, and clearing gutters.
- Bring Your Roof Up to Code: No matter what season it is, your roof should be up to the municipal building code. Before storm season is a great time to make sure your roof is solid according to government regulations.
- Install a New Roof: If your Houston roof repair is turning into a huge production, it might be easier to install a new roof. It all depends on the age of your current roof, how much work would go into bringing it up to code, and what your contractor suggests.
If you live in the Houston area, or anywhere that has tropical storms and hurricanes, you need to make sure your home is ready for the challenge. Work with a roofing company in Houston to prepare your roof and the rest of your home for the stormy season.